Facilities and Rentals Manager
JOB TITLE: Facilities and Rentals Manager DATE: July 1, 2021
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Building Attendants, Custodian, Contract Labor
JOB SUMMARY: The Facilities and Rentals Manager is responsible for coordinating the use of the Patterson – Appleton Arts Center as well as the maintenance of GDAC facilities and properties, including the grounds. The Facilities and Rentals Manager is also responsible for information systems (IT) maintenance and upgrades, as well as maintaining and purchasing all required furniture, fixtures, and equipment which are required for GDAC to carry out its mission. The Facilities and Rentals Manager supports the Executive Director, Exhibits Coordinator, Education Coordinator, and other GDAC staff by assisting with set-ups for exhibits, classes, and programs, and ensuring all necessary furniture and fixtures are functioning properly. The Facilities and Rentals Manager will supervise Building Attendants and custodial staff. This position also serves as liaison with the City of Denton Facilities Management department in preventative and reactive maintenance, repairs, and renovations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Building and Grounds Oversight
- Schedule and coordinate all rentals of the Patterson – Appleton Arts Center and grounds.
- Schedule and coordinate all required preventative and responsive maintenance repairs and projects with the City of Denton Facilities Management or other relevant department; or with outside contractors as hired by GDAC to perform services inside or outside the Patterson – Appleton Arts Center.
- Coordinate all usage of the Patterson – Appleton Arts Center by Member Organizations.
- Coordinate security for all events held at the Patterson – Appleton Arts Center.
- Coordinate in – house events scheduled by GDAC staff to ensure that all needs and building requirements are met.
- Post and maintain informational signs as required throughout the building.
- Manage recycling, waste, and e-waste processes and programs for the staff and building.
- Patch and paint gallery walls and pedestals, maintain and arrange gallery lights as requested by the Exhibits Coordinator.
- Assist with exhibit installations or break-down as requested by Exhibits Coordinator.
- Maintain exterior landscaping that is not covered by City Parks Department, including flower pots and the two flower beds on either side of the main entry.
- Ensure the lawn, trees, plants, and shrubs are maintained in the areas that are the responsibility of GDAC to maintain.
- Hire, train, discipline, and terminate Building Attendants, Custodians, and Contract Labor.
- Create schedules and process payroll for all part time employees.
- Create a yearly performance review for part-time employees.
- Maintain inventory of office and cleaning supplies, purchasing through approved channels as required.
- Develop and maintain Emergency Response and Safety Plans for the building, GDAC staff, and all guests, visitors, members, and renters, and ensure that staff is familiar with procedures.
- Provide reports to the ED including incident/accident reports, building usage, maintenance records, and rental income.
- Provide technical assistance to all employees, including resolving issues with PCs, printers, and the network.
- Purchase and maintain all technical equipment, software, and hardware as needed.
- Purchase and maintain security cameras, alarm systems, keycard system, projector, P.A. system, computers, printers, and cameras.
- Serve as administrator for all staff Microsoft 365 accounts, Dropbox, and other programs currently in use.
Marketing & Rentals
- Update marquee sign announcements as requested by the ED, Exhibits, or Education Coordinator.
- Maintain Rental Info Packets, Contracts, and Deposit Agreements in accordance with current rental policies.
- Ensure Rentals page on GDAC website is up to date and includes the most current information and forms.
- Schedule appointments with potential renters, meet with them, follow-up, and close the sale to maximize rental income.
- Initiate and execute Rental contracts, including taking payment of deposits and rental fees and reporting income to ED.
- Create true to scale layouts for Rentals and Events, as required by renters, or for in-house GDAC events.
- Assign and schedule appropriate staff to work for Rentals and Events.
- Must be able to represent GDAC at public events and functions, and be the contact person for various City of Denton departments, contractors, and member organizations.
- Be on-call 24/7, including working some weekends and weeknights as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible and able to work on a computer at a desk, able to walk extensively throughout the day including some stairs, and able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Have a basic working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical trades.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly and professionally to address emergent issues as related to the building.
- Working knowledge of IT equipment and software, especially Microsoft 365 cloud-based services.