TWU Welcomes Disney Institute Leadership & Employee Engagement Summit
Discover in this two-day summit, how leadership drives an organization's culture through intentional communication of shared values and visions.
Why should you attend?
- Explore key business practices that make Walt Disney Parks & Resort a worldwide success
- Adapt Disney’s insights to help drive business and sustain a competitive advantage
- Build stronger leadership skills to foster a healthy and productive culture
- Discover how to adapt the best practices of a global operation
- Learn time-tested approaches to how leadership drives culture in an organization
- Lead efforts to raise the standards in your team or organization
- Gain skills and knowledge to advance your career and/or current role and add a Disney Institute certificate to your credentials.
*TWU employees may not use p-cards to register. You must contact Center for Women in Business for IDT instructions.
- Everyone who attends will receive their very own Disney Institute Graduation Ears
- Two Disney Institute course-specific participant guides (one for each day)
- Buffet breakfast and lunch, all-day beverages and afternoon snacks
- Two personalized course-specific Disney Institute certificates to add to your credentials (one for each day)
- Attendees have the option of signing up during registration for 18 CPE credits from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
What you will learn:
Day 1: Leadership
- Adapt time-tested Disney business insights to assess and improve your organization.
- Identify the personal and organizational values that enable you as a leader to deliver upon your vision as well as that of the organization.
- Establish and alignment of personal values and organizational values that can help bring the vision to life for your employees.
- Understand how values-infused leaders operationalize a supportive team culture.
- Identify strategies to sustain your organization’s values and vision during turbulent times as well as good times.
- Build your own personal legacy as a leader.
- Adapt time-tested Disney business insights to assess and improve your organization’s culture.
- Shape your organization’s culture based on desired employee behaviors and select people who are a right fit for your culture.
- Adapt training strategies that ensure employees are confident in their roles by creating a holistic plan that drives employee engagement.
- Develop high-quality communication that strengthens your organization’s culture and engages your employees.
- Create a supportive environment through genuine care, including employee’s recognition and the elimination of workplace hassles.
Although Disney Institute is presenting this program, the sponsor of this program, Texas Woman’s University, and not Disney Institute, is responsible for marketing and promoting this program. This includes any food and beverage offered at or in connection with this program. Texas Woman’s University is not an agent of Disney Institute or its affiliates, and Disney Institute and its affiliates assume no liability relating to the event or for the acts or omissions of Texas Woman’s University.
As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney